2009年11月22日日曜日

Masu-zushi


 Today, I introduce “Masu-zushi” to you. Masu-zushi is Toyama’s local cuisine. “Masu” is a trout. “Zushi” is sushi. Maybe you know, this is a very popular local food as a gift in Japan, and this is known as “Ekiben.”(Ekiben mean a box lunch sold at the station.) This is very delicious. I also like it!

Masu-zushi is wrapped a bamboo grass leaf in the box. It is round. In the box,there are a masu-zushi and a plastic knife. We cut it and eat.

Masu-zushi is used a cherry salmon.(Sakura-masu) A cherry salmon of Toyama had been used before, but now this of Hokkaido or a foreign sea is used. Masu-zushi is Toyama’s local food, but its salmon isn’t Toyama’s salmon.

Masu-zushi is sold at many places in Toyama. You can buy stations ,Toyama airport, supermarkets and convenience stores. If you go to Toyama, you should eat it!!

2 件のコメント:

  1. I can't believe that we use a knife for eating sushi!

    返信削除
  2. I have eaten Masu-zushi! And I like it. I want to visit Toyama and eat Masu-zushi again!

    返信削除